SYDNEY — After weeks of reviews and deliberation by the OpenStack community and Superuser editorial advisors, the Tencent TStack team was chosen as winner at the Sydney Summit. The award was presented during Monday’s keynotes by representatives from the previous winners, Paddy Power Betfair.
— Jean Bozman (@jbozman) November 6, 2017
Tencent is a leading provider of Internet value added services in China. Their OpenStack-based private cloud platform cuts server costs by 30 percent and operator and maintainer costs by 55 percent, and saves them RMB100 million+ each year. It shortens resource delivery from two weeks to 0.5 hours and supports the development teams (such as QQ, WeChat, and Game) for services that generate tens of billions of revenues.
The Tencent TStack team is comprised of 76 members who developed the OpenStack-based TStack private cloud platform. It consists of four sub-teams:
- Product design: Responsible for requirement analysis and interaction design
- Technical architecture: Responsible for solution design and technology research
- Product development: Responsible for feature design and implementation
- Operations support: Responsible for deployment, monitoring and troubleshooting.
They built a private cloud to provide services for internal IT environments and testing environments (e.g. QQ, WeChat), and they also provide complete hybrid cloud services for government departments and enterprises in China.
The winners competed against impressive finalists China Railway, China UnionPay, and City Network. Previous winners include AT&T, CERN, China Mobile, Comcast and NTT Group, Paddy Power Betfair and UKCloud. The Superuser Awards launched in 2014 to recognize organizations that have used OpenStack to meaningfully improve their business while contributing back to the community.
Interested in nominating a team for the next Awards at the Vancouver Summit? Stay up-to-date at superuser.openstack.org/awards.
- Congratulations to the 2022 Superuser Awards Winners: OVHcloud, Ant Group - June 7, 2022
- 2022 Superuser Awards Nominee: Inspur - May 4, 2022
- 2022 Superuser Awards Nominee: Ant Group - May 3, 2022