Edge computing has been called the next big thing. Two upcoming events will get you in front of the industry experts who are already making it happen.
The recently launched schedule for the OpenStack Summit Sydney offers over 100 sessions across 12 tracks that range from telecom and Network Functions Virtualization (NFV) to university and government sessions. Edge computing crops up as a popular topic across multiple tracks at the November 6-8 event.
This emerging cloud use case first took center stage at the OpenStack Summit Boston when Verizon’s Beth Cohen performed a demo showing how telecom giant pushes its network to the edge to serve millions of customers worldwide. In Sydney, Cohen and Daniel Fouladi will push the Verizon edge computing story forward with a follow-up session titled “Massively Distributed OpenStack—Thinking outside the Data Center.”
In addition to Verizon’s use case, a number of service providers, users and industry experts will take the stage at the Sydney Summit:
- Edge Computing (Platform) as a Service by OpenStack will explore building a cloud to power edge computing use cases, including an architecture where cloud is powered by OpenStack and the edge nodes are OpenStack/Kubernetes running applications in virtual machines, containers or serverless.
- Collaboration on Edge Cloud API for Edge Service Providers will discuss different edge computing use cases from augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) to smart city traffic, police, emergency applications, video streaming and Voice over IP and the collaboration among key service providers to make these use cases possible.
- The telecom industry has already started adopting OpenStack for edge deployments, and in Implications of 5G RAN and IoT on OpenStack based edge computing, developers will learn the 5G, Radio Access Network (RAN), AR and VR uses cases to address edge requirements.
- Verizon Case Study: The Illusion of Infinite Capacity will explore lessons learned managing cloud use, distribution, costs and growth for the tenants in a hyperscale global OpenStack private cloud environment.
Interested pushing the knowledge boundaries with experts to advance edge computing use cases? Before Sydney, head to OpenDev, where you can collaborate in working sessions to discuss how to assemble and integrate the components needed to meet edge requirements.
- OpenStack Yoga: New Features Straight from the Contributors | OpenInfra Live Recap - March 31, 2022
- What to Expect at the OpenInfra Summit Berlin: 5G / Edge Computing / NFV | OpenInfra Live Recap - March 17, 2022
- 2022 Superuser Awards Nominations Now Open - February 22, 2022