This weekly newsletter originally appeared on the OpenStack Blog and is a way for the community to learn about all the various activities occurring on a weekly basis. If you would like to add content to a weekly update or have an idea about this newsletter, please leave a comment.
OpenStack and NUMA placement
Nonuniform memory access (NUMA) is a memory architecture that provides different access times depending on which processor is being used. This is a useful feature for improving the performance of virtualized guests. Guests can be optimized to use specific NUMA nodes when provisioning resources. On most modern hardware, one can specify which NUMA nodes a guest can use for virtualization. As an example, by improving performance and reducing latency, the network functions virtualization (NFV) use cases can really take advantage of it. Tiago Rodrigues de Mello wrote a report on the current plans to improve use NUMA placement and asked for comments on his blog.
How do companies do OpenStack?
Stefano Maffulli is going around these days asking “how does your company do OpenStack?” to collect best practices and notable mistakes from various leaders of OpenStack’s corporate community. He’s hoping to build a ‘how to’ manual to help managers build better dev teams, more effective at collaborating while shipping products to their customers. This is an effort that goes hand-in-hand with training new developers with Upstream Training and other initiatives aimed at sustaining OpenStack growth. Email me, please, he’d love to hear more stories.
Ops Mid-Cycle Meetup – August 25/26
Are you running an OpenStack cloud? Come down to San Antonio on August 25-26th and hang out with others who do as well](http://www.eventbrite.com/e/openstack-ops-mid-cycle-meetup-tickets-12149171499).
The Road To Paris 2014
During the Paris Summit there will be a working session for the Women of OpenStack to frame up more defined goals and line out a blueprint for the group moving forward. We encourage all women in the community to complete this very short survey to provide input for the group.
- Applications for Travel Support Program are open until August 18th
- Request an invitation letter for VISA
- Reserve hotel rooms
Reports from Previous Events
- The future of the integrated release
- Throwing a wrench in the Neutron gap analysis
- Group Based Policy and the way forward
- Which program for Rally
- specs.openstack.org is live
- OpenStack 2014.1.2 released
- Keystone 2014.1.2
- OpenStack Project Meeting: Summary and full logs.
Ask OpenStack is the go-to destination for OpenStack users. Interesting questions waiting for answers:
- How does ceilometer recognize a new meter?
- Is there a way to create instances without having them automatically startup?
- All-in-One: How to set up a virtual external network completely inclosed within the host?
- Devstack install – Gateway is not valid on subnet
- can’t create volume on HP 3PAR with Cinder
- How to configure transparent proxy in openstack
- DHCP agent log error:neutron.agent.linux.utils [-] ‘Cannot open network namespace: No such file or directoryn’
- Can we extend Heat to perform a specific operation in the application which is running in a VM?
- Why is the general purpose architecture considered inappropriate for increased security needs?
- Digital Sovereignty – Why Open Infrastructure Matters - December 18, 2020
- OpenStack in Production and Integration with Ceph: A European Weather Cloud User Story - December 2, 2020
- #OpenInfraSummit Track: Public Cloud - October 12, 2020