At the OpenStack Summit Austin, there will be a big push around education and building the OpenStack talent pool with the new OpenStack Academy. Hosted at the JW Marriott, just a block from the convention center, OpenStack Academy will provide a dedicated space for hands-on workshops and training.
During the week, OpenStack Academy will host:
- The seventh round of Upstream University, held Saturday and Sunday, prior to the launch, will help new and prospective community members learn more about OpenStack tools and processes and how to collaborate in an open source community. If you are interested in helping mentor new community members or taking the course yourself, sign up here.
- We’ve always offered hands-on workshops as part of the Summit, but in Austin we’re more than doubling the number of sessions. We’re also dramatically improving the student experience with a dedicated network and better setup in the OpenStack Academy building. Check out the workshops happening all week and make sure to RSVP to reserve your spot.
- One major new benefit for attendees will be intensive training courses offered by leading training companies in the OpenStack ecosystem at no additional cost than the Summit badge. We’ll just be requesting a $50 deposit to reserve your spot, which is refundable upon completion of the course. Cloud Foundry, Mirantis, SUSE, Rackspace, Solinea and Red Hat are sponsoring the intensive training courses happening Wednesday and Thursday. Space is limited, and the schedule will be updated soon with links to RSVP.
- We will also be asking a limited number of community members to take the Certified OpenStack Administrator exam on-site. The exam is expected to take about 2-3 hours to complete, and we’ll have testing booths and laptops set up at the OpenStack Academy. Again, because space is so limited, we’re requiring advanced registration. Stay for your opportunity to sign up.
If you have any questions about these programs, you can email [email protected]
Cover Photo of Upstream Training // CC BY NC
- What’s the value of contributing to open source? - October 17, 2018
- How one of Sweden’s largest online lenders optimizes for speed - October 11, 2018
- How AI and IoT drive open infrastructure in Taiwan - August 27, 2018