OpenInfra Live: Keynotes Recap
The Call for Presentations (CFP) for the upcoming OpenInfra Summit in Berlin (June 7-9th) is NOW LIVE!
The CFP for this year’s OpenInfra Summit includes presentations, panels, and hands-on workshops covering over 30 open source projects. Expect to hear about the intersection of many open source infrastructure projects, including Ceph, Kubernetes, Magma, ONAP, OPNFV and the projects hosted by the OpenInfra Foundation: Airship, Kata Containers, OpenInfra Labs, OpenStack, StarlingX, and Zuul
2022 Summit Tracks for submissions include:
- AI/Machine Learning/HPC
- Container Infrastructure
- Getting Started
- NEW: Hardware Enablement
- Hands-On Workshops
- Open Development
- Private/Hybrid Cloud
- Public Cloud
You can find the full track descriptions here. Please note that Forum topics will be chosen at a later date and are not part of the CFP submission process.
The deadline for CFP is February 9th!
Join The Programming Committee!
Want to help us select the talks being featured at the Summit? Submit your name for the Programing Committee! There is one week left to nominate yourself or a colleague for any of the tracks listed above for the 2022 Programming Committee. The Deadline is January 19th.
Register Now to Get Early Bird Pricing!
Have you gotten your ticket yet? Make sure you register before the early bird pricing ends! The OpenInfra Summit will be a limited capacity, sellout event. A limited quantity of early bird pricing tickets are available, so save your seat before they run out!
Become a Sponsor!
Does your organization want to be represented at the Summit? The OpenInfra Summit Berlin sponsorship prospectus and contract are live!
Becoming a sponsor is as easy as 1, 2, 3!
- Review the Prospectus
- Sign the Master Sponsorship Agreement (New Sponsors Only)
- Sign the Berlin Sponsor Contract
OpenInfra Foundation news
- Congratulations to the Gold Member Directors who were elected to the 2022 OpenInfra Foundation Board!
- It’s time to elect the Individual Member Directors who represent the Individual Members of the Foundation. Review the list of candidates and check your email for your personal ballot (subject line: 2022 Individual Director Election and Bylaws Amendments) to cast your vote by Friday, January 14, 2022.
- Upcoming episodes on OpenInfra Live, the online series sharing production case studies, open source demos, industry conversations, and the latest updates from the global open infrastructure community!
Airship: Elevate your infrastructure
- Airship 2.1 was released at the end of 2021! Check out the release notes to see the feature highlights.
- Interested in getting involved with Airship? Docs.airshipit.org has all the info you need to get started.
- Running or evaluating Airship? We want to hear from you! Take the brief User Survey to provide the community with feedback.
Kata Containers: The speed of containers, the security of VMs
- Check out Kata Containers User Survey Report
- Among all the organizations who have completed Kata Containers user survey, 58% are evaluating Kata Containers, 19% are considering using Kata Containers and 15% are running Kata Containers in production. Read more details about the user survey report on Kata blog.
- Meet Kata community members at DevConf.cz 2022
- Confidential computing with Kata Containers, January 28th
- Christophe de Dinechin, Senior Principal Software Engineer at Red Hat, and Jakob Naucke, Software Developer at IBM, will discuss the implementation of confidential containers in the context of the Kata project.
- Kata Containers: show me the metrics, January 29th
- Fabiano Fidêncio, Kata Containers Architecture committee member, and Francesco Giudici, Senior Software Engineer at Red Hat, will discuss how the collection of container metrics works in Kubernetes for traditional (runc) and Kata Containers runtimes.
- Confidential computing with Kata Containers, January 28th
- Your expertise is requested!
- No matter if you are evaluating or running Kata Containers in production, it’s your chance to share your direct feedback on Kata Containers with the community. Complete the Kata Containers User Survey today!
OpenDev: Open Source Software Development at Scale
- OpenDev’s test platform cleanup has begun. OpenSUSE Tumbleweed has been removed from the list of available test images. CentOS 8 (non-Stream) images will be removed in the near future. Thank you to the volunteers who stepped up to maintain the Gentoo and OpenSUSE Leap 15 images.
- The new year is an excellent time to start collaborating. Join us at [email protected], #opendev on the OFTC IRC network, or on Gerrit to get involved.
OpenInfra Labs: Connecting open source projects to production
- Operate First, a key development activity of the OpenInfra Labs project, is drafting an initial governance document and actively seeking feedback from the community.
- Join the Telemetry Working Group for its first meeting of 2022, January 18 at 14:30 UTC (9:30 AM EST).
OpenStack: Open source software for creating private and public clouds
- The name selection process for the upcoming “Z” development cycle is now underway, and the Technical Committee is seeking suggestions from which they will choose a finalist.
StarlingX: A fully featured cloud for the distributed edge
- Stay tuned for the StarlingX 6.0 release that is coming later this month! The community is finishing the final touches on the release to deliver a well-tested and stable platform with new functionality in areas such as security, manageability and deployment automation.
- You can find information about the project on the website. You can check out the documentation web page to learn more about how the platform works and when you are ready to experiment with the platform you can check out the source code or download the ISO to start building your solution.
Zuul: Stop merging broken code
- Nodepool 4.4.0 has been released. This release brings a number of Azure driver improvements as well as tooling to backup image build data stored in ZooKeeper. Find out more in the release announcement.
Meet The Organizations Supporting the OpenInfra Foundation
- The Open Infrastructure Foundation thanks all its members for their ongoing support of the OpenInfra community. Check out the OpenInfra Foundation blog to learn how these organizations are helping open source communities build the tools infrastructure operators need for Data Center Clouds, 5G, Edge, Containers, CI/CD and beyond!
- The OpenInfra Foundation wishes a warm welcome to its newest members:
- This month we are highlighting OpenInfra Platinum member: Huawei, OpenInfra Gold member: Cisco, and OpenInfra Silver member: C-DAC. Thank you for your support!
Upcoming Virtual OpenInfra and Community Events
- 4th – 8th: Project Teams Gathering (virtual)
- 7th-9th: OpenInfra Summit (Berlin, Germany)
For more information about OpenInfra community events, please contact [email protected]
Questions / feedback / contribute
This newsletter is written and edited by the OpenInfra staff to highlight open infrastructure communities. We want to hear from you! If you have feedback, news or stories that you want to share, reach us through [email protected] . To receive the newsletter, sign up here.
- Inside Open Infrastructure: The Latest from the OpenInfra Foundation - January 25, 2023
- Inside Open Infrastructure: The Latest from the OpenInfra Foundation - December 7, 2022
- OpenInfra User Group Sweden, OpenInfra Forum #13 - December 1, 2022