The OpenInfra Summit Berlin
The OpenInfra Summit is only 1 month away and the agenda keeps on growing! In Berlin, you can meet and learn from BBC R&D, Bloomberg, BMW, Ciena, European Centre for Medium-Range Weather Forecasts, Federal Ministry of Germany, Fungible, Nubificus, Skatteverket, Société Générale and Vexxhost. Additional presenters, announced previously, include users from Adobe, AWS, Canonical, China Mobile, OVHCloud, Red Hat, SovereignCloudStack, Volvo and Workday.
These organizations will cover the latest open source advancements in 5G, DPU enablement, confidential computing, sustainability and more!
A highlight of the Open Infrastructure Summit Berlin will be the presentation of the annual Superuser Award, where we recognize organizations innovating with OpenInfra and contributing back to open source communities. Meet the 2022 Superuser Awards Nominees
A warm thank you to our Headline Sponsors: Canonical & Wind River and our Premier Sponsors: Mirantis, T-Systems and VEXXHOST!
See all the Summit sponsors here.
OpenInfra Foundation news
- We are pleased to announce Vexxhost as our newest Gold Member! If you’d like to talk about upgrading your own membership or starting a new one, reach out to Jimmy McArthur for more info!
- Check out the next episode of OpenInfra Live where we talk about sustainability in the data center, featuring Canonical.
Airship: Elevate your infrastructure
- Meet Airship community members at the OpenInfra Summit in Berlin June 7-9!
- Running or evaluating Airship? We want to hear from you! Take the brief User Survey to provide the community with feedback.
Kata Containers: The speed of containers, the security of VMs
- Meet Kata community members at the OpenInfra Summit in Berlin June 7-9!
- Running or evaluating Kata Containers? We want to hear from you! Take the brief User Survey to provide the community with feedback.
OpenDev: Open Source Software Development at Scale
- Ubuntu Jammy mirror and test nodes are being added to the CI system. Additionally, Arm64 images and test nodes have been added for CentOS Stream 9.
OpenInfra Labs: Connecting open source projects to production
- The new SIG-Telemetry for Operate First (formerly the OpenInfra Labs Telemetry WG) met on Tuesday, May 3 featuring a presentation from Lisa Seelye about creating service level objectives. Keep an eye on their playlist for a recording, and don’t miss future meetings on the first Tuesday of every month at 14:30 UTC/10:30 AM EDT (15:30 UTC once USA DST ends).
OpenStack: Open source software for creating private and public clouds
- There is a proposal from the TC to stop naming new release cycles, following the conclusion of the Z release, in favor of pure numbering. The proposal is on gerrit, but is also being discussed in a ML post.
- If you make use of the ELK services while working upstream on OpenStack, they’ve been replaced by a new OpenSearch-backed solution. Historically run by the OpenDev/Infra teams, due to a lack of maintainers this alternative is instead run by other members of the community. For more details on the move, you can check out the ML post here.
- Meet OpenStack community members at the OpenInfra Summit in Berlin June 7-9!
StarlingX: A fully featured cloud for the distributed edge
- The nomination period of the StarlingX TSC election is kicking off on May 10, 2022. If you are not already, you still have time to get involved and become an active contributor to the project to be able to nominate yourself and run for one of the open seats.
- StarlingX contributors participated in the recent PTG event to discuss feedback, roadmap, processes and more to enhance both the platform and the community. Check out the project’s blog for a summary of the project’s sessions.
- Meet StarlingX community members at the OpenInfra Summit in Berlin June 7-9!
Zuul: Stop merging broken code
- Zuul version 6.0.0 has been released. Zuul version 6.0.0 adds support for Ansible version 5 to Zuul. More importantly Zuul version 6.0.0 drops the restrictions that were previously placed on ansible-playbook running against the executor (localhost). For more information please check the release announcement for Zuul.
- Nodepool version 6.0.0 has been released. Nodepool version 6.0.0 adds new functionality to the AWS driver. Newer Kubernetes is now supported, but Kubernetes 1.8 or newer is now required. For more information please check the release announcement for Nodepool.
- Meet Zuul community members at the OpenInfra Summit in Berlin June 7-9!
Hear from the Organizations Supporting the Foundation
Check out the latest job openings from the OpenInfra community!
- Senior Engineer Public Cloud mwd, Deutsche Telekom – OpenInfra Foundation Gold Member
- Software Engineer III Anti-Harassment Tools Team, Wikimedia Foundation, Remote
- STACKIT Cloud OpenStack Engineer mfd, Schwarz Dienstleistungen, Germany
- Sr. Software Engineer – Disaster Recovery Cloud OpenStack, Datto, Inc, Remote
- Web Manager, OpenInfra Foundation, Remote
The OpenInfra Foundation wishes a warm welcome to its newest OpenInfra Gold Member: VEXXHOST
The OpenStack Marketplace!
The OpenStack Marketplace got an update! The Consulting section has been updated to “Infra Solutions & Consulting” to expand the reach of services your organization can promote on the OpenStack Marketplace!
A few services from our members you can find in the Infra Solutions & Consulting section of the Marketplace include:
- Red Hat Consulting
- 99Cloud Consulting
- Canonical’s Private Cloud Build
- Cleura Professional Services
- OpenStack Consulting and Integration
- Mirantis Consulting
- NEC Cloud System
- VEXXHOST Consulting for OpenStack
Does your organization want to be included in the Marketplace? Talk to Jimmy McArthur on how to get listed!
Other Fun Things!
Win a free virtual pass to KubeCon Europe 2022 by participating in the Cloud Pricing Survey before May 11th!
Upcoming OpenInfra and Community Events
Looking for local or global events? Check out what OpenInfra community events are coming up! For more information about OpenInfra community events, please contact [email protected]
Questions / feedback / contribute
This newsletter is written and edited by the OpenInfra staff to highlight open infrastructure communities. We want to hear from you! If you have feedback, news or stories that you want to share, reach us through [email protected] . To receive the newsletter, sign up here.
- OpenStack is Blooming! - May 23, 2022
- What can you expect to learn about OpenStack at the OpenInfra Summit? - May 12, 2022
- Inside Open Infrastructure: The Latest from the OpenInfra Foundation - May 5, 2022