This weekly newsletter originally appeared on the OpenStack Blog and is a way for the community to learn about all the various activities occurring on a weekly basis. If you would like to add content to a weekly update or have an idea about this newsletter, please leave a comment.
What if there was a tool that allows to integrate docker containers to do the automatic testing for OpenStack? The idea of dox is to slightly behave like the tox tool but instead of running, use docker containers.
As the Juno development cycle ramps up, now is a good time to review some of the key changes we saw in Neutron during this exciting cycle and have a look at what is coming up in the next upstream major release which is set to debut in October.
The Road To Paris 2014 – Deadlines and Resources
During the Paris Summit there will be a working session for the Women of OpenStack to frame up more defined goals and line out a blueprint for the group moving forward. We encourage all women in the community to complete this very short survey to provide input for the group.
- Reserve hotel rooms
- Call for Proposals: Open Source Ecosystem Design Sessions at the Paris Summit
- Upstream Training in Paris: details and signup form
- Student & Government/Nonprofit Employee Application for Discounted Registration
- The official Schedule for the Paris Summit is now available
- Averting the Nova crisis by splitting out virt drivers
- Should OpenStack Be An Automobile Or A Faster Horse?
Security Advisories and Notices
Ask OpenStack is the go-to destination for OpenStack users. Interesting questions waiting for answers:
- arp requests from compute nodes bogging network
- floating ip allocation and multiple external networks
- How to configure multi node lb vxlan?
- ironic deploy “Failed to detect root device UUID.”
- Why can’t I see a custom metric in Horizon?
- Is it possible to repopulate existing data on networks in NSX back to Neutron
- Allow Direct Routing between External Network and Tenant Network
- VM is unable to get network in Openstack with neutron Hyper-V plugin
- Does domain work for Horizon and Keystone?
- How do i associate mechanism_driver’s name to the actual python module to be loaded by ml2?
- read only volumes when glusterfs fails