This weekly newsletter originally appeared on the OpenStack Blog and is a way for the community to learn about all the various activities occurring on a weekly basis. If you would like to add content to a weekly update or have an idea about this newsletter, please leave a comment.
The Kilo Design Summit in Paris
In less than two months the OpenStack development community will gather in Paris to discuss the details of the Kilo development cycle. It starts after the keynotes on the Tuesday of the summit week, and ends at the end of the day on the Friday. We decided a number of changes in the Design Summit organization in order to make it an even more productive time for all of us.
Reports from Previous Events
- Recording & Slides: How is IBM using OpenStack?
- Offline, CLI-based Gerrit code review with Gertty
- CloudScaling’s Randy Bias at OpenStack SV: “The Lie of the Benevolent Dictator”
The Road To Paris 2014 – Deadlines and Resources
During the Paris Summit there will be a working session for the Women of OpenStack to frame up more defined goals and line out a blueprint for the group moving forward. We encourage all women in the community to complete this very short survey to provide input for the group.
- Request an invitation letter for VISA
- Reserve hotel rooms
- Call for Proposals: Open Source Ecosystem Design Sessions at the Paris Summit
- Upstream Training in Paris: details and signup form
- Student & Government/Nonprofit Employee Application for Discounted Registration
- The official Schedule for the Paris Summit is now available
- Improving Documentation for new OpenStack Contributors
- OpenStack as Layers but also a Big Tents but also a bunch of Cats and its follow ups via email
- The next steps for Zaqar
- To improve flow, we must view OpenStack community as a Software Factory
- What’s holding nova development back?
- 2 weeks in the bug tracker
Security Advisories and Notices
- [OSSA 2014-029] Configuration option leak through Keystone catalog (CVE-2014-3621)
- [OSSN 0020] Disassociating floating IPs does not terminate NAT connections with Neutron L3 agent
Ask OpenStack is the go-to destination for OpenStack users. Interesting questions waiting for answers:
- How to enable two users to read and write a Swift container with tempauth ACL??
- How do you set the load balancer provider for a pool in HOT?
- When using esxi as hypervisor with openstack, error ” operating system not found” is visible on VM
- How to verify tempest tests
- Error 16: Inconsistent filesystem structure while spawning VM using CentOS
- VMware hypervisor with no cluster
- Does havana cinder volume node work fine with icehouse controller node?
- Booting LVM backend KVM is very slow
- error when running “Ceilometer resource list ” by admin user
- how to wrap ssh calls from nova-compute?
- Nested virtualization: How to set up network via nova-network on one node-installation Icehouse